I Went to a Garden Party. . .

Everyone was there. . .

073

No one recognized me. . .

Because I wore a hat upon my hair.

031

It’s called, work in the garden till two,  jump in the tub, fix dinner, throw on a hat to hide the hair, and go.

Posing by my Prairie Paisley quilt I made July 2010.  I love Red, White, and Blue.  This is one of my favorite quilts.

One of our local quilt stores, American Quilting threw this garden party. It was held in the owners garden.

Everyone was invited to bring a couple of quilts to display.

It was such a fun night with ice cream sundaes as a treat.

There were so many wonderful quilts.

016

019

017

020

021022

This cute ant applique quilt was made by my sister, Jeanne.

023025026027028029030

Now these are just the ones in the front yard.  Seriously, we haven’t even made it out back yet.

My computer is acting up and won’t let me post anymore pics. 

Guess it’s saying, “Really lady, enough is enough”.

I reckon you’ll all have to come back to get the rest of the story, or I mean party.

All I can say is, there’s a whole bunch more darling quilts to show you.

Hope you come back!

Jann

I will be linking this post with:

A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday

17 comments

Bunny Jean said...

Wow...so many beautiful quilts. Those ladies, and you, are so talented to have made those.

xoxo Bunny Jean
Home to Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

Old Time Cindy said...

The vibrant colors of the quilts are quite stunning draped across the white fence.

poppilinnstudios said...

What talent! The quilts are so beautiful!
-Lynn

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,

Oh, how I wish I was their too. What a lovely garden quilt show!!
I LOVE your red, white and blue and your sisters ant quilt is a perfect summer picnic quilt... Awesome quilters!!
Thank you for sharing...
All the Best,
Christine

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, your quilt is stunning and so are the others. I made a couple of quilts years ago. So much work. After that I just did a few quilt blocks to frame. lol

Thanks for the visit and the gracious comment. You asked if you need to seal your granite first before you use the Granite Gold. No, it is a sealer and polish all in one. Just clean it well, and then make sure it is dry. Just spray and polish. Love this stuff. Hugs, Marty

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Oh wow! The quilts are all so beautiful.

Dee

LV said...

A post after my hart. I love quilts and several.. I would have dearly loved being here.

veryheatherly said...

Jann, you are so funny!!

Joanne said...

What fun! those quilts are all so pretty. You can tell alot of love went into each and every one!
Blessings, Joanne

Rettabug said...

Oh my goodness...what a FABULOUS idea, Jann!!! I just loved seeing everyone's creation. I am in love with this idea & may just copy it for a party here at The Gazebo House. We have similar white railings all around the deck & could easily display quilts draped over them. Wouldn't my neighbors be jealous???

I am SEW glad I stopped over today. Your red & white & blue quilt is just awesome!

Hugs,
Rett

Rettabug said...

p.s. I'm your newest follower!

Red Rose Alley said...

Those quilts are fabulous!! My sister makes quilts, and I'm going to send her on over to check them out. I think it is such a talent when one knows how to sew.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Unknown said...

WOW! What amazing talent!! I used to be in quilt guild when I lived in the north (they don't have one here). This made me homesick for my old guild. It is always so fun to see all the creations. THANK YOU for sharing.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

What a wonderful party & such gorgeous quilts !
Yours is so beautiful !

Bunnym said...

Awesome! What can I say...except, I want the one with the ants having a picnic...it'll go perfect in my kitchen. Just Awesome!!

bunny

Karie said...

Hi Jann, Wow! What gorgeous quilts! Love everyone of them. Lots of talent and love sewn into those beauties. Thanks for sharing the loveliness. And thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting on my cousin, Karma's home. Yes, I do live in Tooele. Not too far away. . My hometown though is Payson right there in Utah county. Hope to hear from you again. Hugs, Karie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You look CUTE! And I wear a baseball cap when I'm out in the sun! Not my best look but it works! Love all the quilts...I'm sure drawn to those with RED! WOW! What beautiful designs...each and every one of them! ♥

Instagram