What the World Needs Now. . .

I’m sure that you are familiar with the tune. What the world needs now is love, sweet love.

No, NOT just for some, but for EVERYONE!

IMG_9732

I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately.  Can you imagine what the world would be like if everyone felt loved?

A couple of years ago I challenged myself to show a daily expression of love for the month of February.  I know that this is something we should and hopefully do daily.  But it never hurts to pay closer attention

I am going to do this again starting Feb. 1st.  Each day I will post my challenge.  I would love it if you decided to join in with me.

I decorated my living room yesterday for Valentines. What better way to introduce my theme than with a mantle of Love?  It’s not really a mantle, just a shelf.  But it has a similar effect.

IMG_9735

I used a collection of mercury glass.  My red orbs are perfect for Valentines.

IMG_9726

I love old bottles.  I used one under the cloche and another one on top of a book.  The music theme for the song has been carried throughout.

IMG_9727

If one garland is good, two is better, and three is divine!  lol!  Wondered if I got a little carried away.  I made the new heart garland and had to use it somewhere.

IMG_9728

 

IMG_9730

The sentiment of love is everywhere!

IMG_9733

I made this primitive angel years ago.  She still holds a spot in my heart.

IMG_9723

This candy bouquet was given to my by a friend a few years ago.  Too cute to eat!

IMG_9729

IMG_9725

You’re probably wondering, “what’s with the blue shutters?”  My couch has a touch of aqua in it.

IMG_9722

Hope you’re feeling loved!  And remember, in order to receive love, one must give love.

IMG_9731

Hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Savvy Southern Style for W.O.W.

Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party

Rose Chintz Cottage for H.O.M.E.

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

Common Ground for Be Inspired

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Fridayl

26 comments

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Love the heart wreath, your angel, the red orbs and mercury glass and your February love idea.

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Oh so pretty! Love the heart banner and your little angel is so sweet!

Gina said...

Your mantel shelf looks beautiful, Jann. I've never decorated my mantel for Valentine's Day before, but you've inspired me to do just that!

Heirloom treasures said...

That's a lovely post Jann. Makes one think. We don't decorate in our homes for Valentine day in Australia only the shops,but it is a nice touch. I must look out some heart goodies and have a go. xx

Pollyanna said...

Oh Jann, what a lovely, lovely post. Your sentiments so touched me. I have always thought that in this world where beauty, money, esteem, influence, and charm are so unequal, that the fact that there is always someone each of us can love, somehow makes it a wonderful world.

And, since you asked, flea.o.logy is from 10 to 4 this Saturday in Payson, if you come please introduce yourself (I once thought I saw you at the Hale Center Theater in Orem) ... for more info you can go to http://fleaology.blogspot.com

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I think that is a beautiful sentiment and an awesome challenge.

Jann, you ARE so full of love, truly.

xxoo

Kris said...

What a wonderful thing to do for the month of February. I am still doing my acts of kindness in honor of those lives lost in Sandy Hook.
Your mantel is so pretty. Love it all!
xo Kris

Art and Sand said...

Love your decorations. You are lucky. I usually try to go small for Valentine's Day because my husband isn't fond of all the different holiday decorations. I have to slip in little hearts here and there.

Joanne said...

I just LOVE your decorations. You inspire me!
Blessings, Joanne

Unknown said...

LOVE your abundance of love. ;) Such a sweet hearth you have here dear!

Hugs,

Maureen Wyatt said...

Your love themed decorations are so pretty but it's the idea of showing love every day of February that I find truly inspirational!

Chenille Cottage said...

"And the greatest of these is LOVE."
Your "Love" post is so beautiful. You know me...I love the red and your creativity shines through in each photo.

Would you believe my precious DIL is still carrying our little one...Baby is overdue and if things don't progress soon...She will be induced. She's wanted to do everything naturally and things just aren't progressing. The next few days are critical and we are praying that her labor will start.

I am so very blessed to have such incredible blogging sisters...You are one of them!! It has been such a privilege sharing with my DIL all the good wishes and prayers that are going up for her.

Thank you so much for your caring heart, Jann! You are a treasure!
Hugs from SDiego,
Carolynn xxx

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I'm sure it will be fun to see your posts through February :-) Your Valentines decorations are fun! Your mantel shelf looks great- lots of interesting things to check out!

priscilla said...

Pretty Valentines decorations Jann ! Sounds likea great idea for February !

Old Time Cindy said...

Blues and reds go well together with whites...pretty!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Unknown said...

Your display is beautiful Jann, and I am on board with your idea of showing daily love. We all need that affirmation from others. Love & hugs to you today. Patti@OldThingsNew
http://patricia-krank.blogspot.com/

Rose L said...

You really do decorate for each holiday! It is good not only to give love but to get love. But we also need to remember to love ourselves--acknowledging the good things you do, remembering that you mean something to someone else and thus taking care of yourself.
I hope this makes sense to you all.

Unknown said...

What a great post-I think I will join you in that challenge-I also think Feb. is Random Acts of Kindness month. Boy if everyone did this, your right, the world or at least our world could be so different.
Have a great week.

chateau chic said...

So festive and cheery! Love the way your mantel brightens the room, especially if you're having cold, dreary days like we are.
Mary Alice

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

This mantle is almost as sweet as you. XXOO :) Now I hope this comment is mushy and lovey dovey enough....:)

Trisha said...

I say the more garlands the better!!

~Trisha

Leslie said...

so pretty. Sounds like a fun challenge.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

That sounds like a wonderful challenge for February, Jann! I love your mercury glass and the mirror over your shelf. I have aqua in my living room too. There is a lot of it in my sofa and I am thinking very seriously of re-painting the room robin egg blue which I had about ten years ago. Love the colour! Thank you for joining me at my HOME and enjoy your weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

I love your mantel Jann - and the sentiment - yes the world needs love
( it's the only thing that there's just too little of )
XOX

xinex said...

So many great and oretty ideas featured here, Jann.Love the scarf idea! Thanks for hosting..Christine

Kathy said...

Your mantel looks beautiful and sentimental - perfect for Valentines. Your goal for February is marvelous - one we should strive to do yearround. Will Join you!
I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Instagram