Love In the Outdoors!

Now that February is officially here I decided it was time to spread a little love outdoors.

Just pulling from what I already had I started spreading some love. . .

Up went my coffee filter and paper doily wreath I made two years ago.  I haven’t tired of it, and I like how it really pops on my wooden door.

DSC00594

An assortment of roses.  Some dried, some made from pink tissue, and one rolled from burlap.

DSC00580

DSC00578

Oops, here I am bragging about using things I already had and then I came to this.  Forgot that I had recently purchased this at Joanne’s for 50% off.  I loved the rustic moldings and the blue ones look so cute with my chippy cupboard.

DSC00577

DSC00596

DSC00599

Primitive hearts by the door help strike up a conversation.  Ha, ha, get it?  Conversation hearts.  Oh am I ever so clever. lol!

DSC00575

No matter how hard I tried, I could not find a time of day without shadows. 

DSC00595

A sweet tweet has taken up home on the seat of my chippy pink chair.

DSC00581

Oh and yes, does anyone know how to get rust off of your porch?  Can you see one of my rusty treasures as left a stain below the chair.

The gate got a simple garland of punched hearts in book pages.  Although they are draped over bakers twine, I pinned them with glittery clothespins for security.  Never know when a winter wind might come up.  the clothespins are so fun to make!  Just brush the top with Modge Podge and pour glitter over them.  Shake off and voila!  I actually bought these at a boutique, but made some of my own afterwards.  These are mini clothespins from Hobby Lobby.

DSC00582

You can see that I am having lots of fun with my new chalkboard easel.  The design was inspired by Pinterest.

chalkboard

I tucked the branches that I had tied with plaid fabric for Christmas into an old funnel and added a few book page hearts.    I kept out my red glass lantern and placed some little hearts on my rusty springs.

porch

In my mind the tree says:  Hang onto my love!

The lantern says:  You light up my life!

And the hearts on the springs say:  Your love puts the spring in my step. 

Yup, that’s how this mind works.  Think hubby realizes that?

I haven’t done a thing to this twig heart wreath yet.  Inspiration just hasn’t come.

The old heater tells my sweetie that he is HOT, HOT, HOT!

Now if that don’t get me flowers for Valentines I don’t know what will!

DSC00590

How about you?  Have you spread any love lately?

hugs,

Jann

p.s.  I want to thank Revi from Revisionary Life for featuring my Plaid Picnic at her new party!  And Debra at Common Ground for featuring it also at her Be Inspired party!  Great gals and great parties!

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

Common Ground for Be Inspired

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

Bargain Hunting with Laurie for her Valentines Party

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

One More Time Events for Share it One More Time

Wake Up Wednesday Party

31 comments

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

That wreath is gorgeous! Hugs, Penny

Stephanie said...

Hi Jann! Long time no visit - I hope you are well, sweet lady :) Your Valentine's Day decor is simply charming! I love what you added to your wreath and the rustic heart is so pretty. Thanks for sharing such prettiness with us. Have a lovely evening - hugs!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the wreath and everything is just lovely and so full of Love!!

A Few Pennies said...

All so pretty; love your antique door and the wood heart is adorable.

cynthia lee designs said...

Love how you decorated your porch!! Love is in the air there for sure!!
hugs,
Cindy

From the Old InkWell said...

Oh, I love the wreath you made. You should show us how you did it. Enjoyed seeing all your old lovelies. I would love to find a iron gate like yours too.

Art and Sand said...

I am so envious of the door, turquoise cabinet, window and all your fun porch decor.

Unknown said...

That wreath is very impressive. I'm in awe of people who create such lovelies.

The Old Parsonage said...

Your porch looks amazing. If I were driving by it would get a schreeching halt or at least a schreech out of me while driving by. Love the chalkboard!!

Have a great weekend!
Leann

The Tablescaper said...

Such a fun porch for February. Rarely do we get to see such detail outdoors. You did a fabulous job.

I'd love to have you link to Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

LBP said...

What a beautiful Valentine Porch!! I love that coffee filter wreath!

Blessings

Linda

Julie Marie said...

You are too cute Jann!... conversation hearts... ha ha ha, I get it!... love your wood door!... and your wreath looks so beautiful on it... also love your new heart from Joannes... don't you love it when they mark holiday things down in advance!... all of your little touches just say "Love"... your chalkboard easel is fabulous!... hope you get your flowers for Valentines!... xoxo Julie Marie

Shirley Hatfield said...

Why is your front porch so sunny and happy and mine is all sad and still has Christmas pillows on the bench? Jann, you really must be a super woman...or Alpine has really potent water! Love your porch!

Kris said...

What a wonderful greeting!!!! I love your wooden door!!! LOVE that wreath!!! Love it all....
xo Kris

Anonymous said...

I've only spread the love around on my hutch but your porch is just wonderful! I like the way your mind works. :)

Rose L said...

So sweet! I have no Valentine decor at my house, just snow.

Cynthia said...

Love all your charm. So many lovely things to oh and ah about it. That is our front door. Ours will be darker, if the weather every starts to behave. It is freezing and the snow won't stop. T hey haven't done anything since I posted last. UGH!!!

Cynthia

Junkchiccottage said...

Jan,
I love everything. Like I always say I love to come by and see all your creative holiday vignettes. Hey love that old door just awesome. I saw your outdoor plaid and that was so great.
Kris

priscilla said...

Looks fabulous Jann ! Love your coffee filter wreath !

Unknown said...

Looks just lovely Jann! I love your wreath!! Beautiful!~~Angela

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Thanks so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments....

Love your outside Valentines decor especially the Wreath!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Nancy said...

Another astonishing creative endeavor, Jann. Love it!

Donna Wilkes said...

You have me stumped. I cannot pick my favorite from all the wonderful items you have used. The gate, the turquoise cabinet, the wreath - all lovely. I hope he gets the message!

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Love the front porch all dressed for Valentine's! Your wreath is so pretty, soft & romantic looking! Yes, if I was to walk by your front porch I would think that love is in that home!

SueLovesCherries said...

Wow, Jann! I wouldn't tire of that wreath either if I had one! :) You have a wonderful display area there!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I am in love with your wreath. I especially LOVE all the cluster of "stuff" for the bow and flowers. Adorable. Hoping for those flowers for ya!!

Alycia Nichols said...

Hi, Jann! I don't know a lot about it, but it seems to me that if you maybe painted over the rust stain with KILZ or something like that, that would hide the stain. I guess then, though, you'd have to give the entire porch a fresh coat of paint to cover the KILZ. Heck...that's a brain teaser!

I love how your porch immediately welcomes guests in a friendly and very "loving" way! You have some up with some really creative ideas!!! The conversation hearts are SUPER cute!!!

I see that old glass-paned window (or is it a door?) and have renewed inspiration. We recently got new windows installed, but I kept 3 of the old ones. I've been wavering on just what to do with them I like your idea...but we don't have a front porch! :-(

You did a terrific job with that chalkboard easel!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Jann,

I just love your coffee filter wreath, especially with all the pink ribbons you used. You are one lucky gal with no snow.
Hugs, Lynnie

The Charm of Home said...

Oh, your doing much better at the chalkboard graphics than I do.
Sherry

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I'd never make it to your door. I'd be enjoying all of the fun, clever ideas on your porch. Love your chalkboard easel, and I love your garland on the gate. So many clever ideas on your porch. What a wonderful way to great guests. Thank you so much for linking to my party. laurie

Unknown said...

Hi there,
Just popping in from the wake up Wed. hop and wanted to tell you I love your blog. It's so pretty and inviting. And I kinda want your front door, lol the wood looks 100 times prettier than mine. It makes your beautiful wreath pop. Love it. And that wooden heart is awesome, I look at it everytime I go to Joannes. Looks great on the window.
Hugs,
Anna

Instagram