STEPping it up on the Front Porch. . .

Hello my friends,
Here it is the first of October and we are definitely feeling touches of fall.  Cool breezes, leaves bustling, and frost will soon be on the pumpkins.
 
Right after I had my surgery our youngest daughter, Kylee came and decorated the front porch for me.  With the help of my grandson, Braxton they quickly changed my summer porch into fall.
 
They removed the aqua glider and brought around my two coral metal chairs.  I have a collection of leaf rakes and Kylee corralled some of them in the old milk can that came from my husbands grandparents farm.  The cute 'Love' pillow was a gift from my friend, Shelley.
 


My friend, Ann gifted me with ornamental pepper plants.  I  planted one of them in an enamel teapot and the other in an old watering can with an orange spout.
 
She added them and my little chippy red ladder to the display along with a plant I had in a rusty gallon can.
 
I also had picked up a few mums at Walmart.  She placed two rust colored ones in an old wooden crate.
 

 
The weather remained hot for some time and it certainly didn't feel like pulling out the pumpkins weather.
 
Recently it has cooled down and I decided I would STEP it up just a little and add my ladder to the left side of the door where the old filing cabinet usually is.
 
I'm so excited!  All of these pumpkins, except the gourds; came from my garden.  I've left a couple big ones out there that were still quite green.
 

 
I feel so blessed to have such great family and friends that share.  My sweet cousin, Betty gave me two giant sunflower heads from her garden.
 

And my long time friend, Joyce gifted me with the Indian Corn.  Can you believe we have been best friends since 6th grade?
 
 
I scored this orange toolbox at a thrift store for $10 last spring.  I could hardly wait to use it for fall.

 
The plants in my urns were still looking pretty good, but I pulled them out to stack these cuties.  I did buy these pumpkins. Thinking I need some cornstalks underneath.  Truth told, probably won't happen.  :)
 
I teased on facebook and said, "Unlike me, these girls are stacked"  (wink)
 
 
Kylee had placed my Nesbitts soda crate on my rustic flat wooden wheelbarrow in the garden below the porch.  I added a few pumpkins and gourds.  I love the orange next to the purple Aster.

 
There you have it, my '2017' fall porch.
 
  I absolutely adore the unusual pumpkins you can find now days, but because I had enough in my garden to decorate with I am going to resist buying more.  Hoping to plant some unique ones next year.
 
hugs,
Jann
 
 
 
 
 

27 comments

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Good Family and Friends Jann. Autumn has certainly arrived on your front porch! Love seeing the collections you pulled together for the season. Hugs.
Joy

Stacey said...

Your porch is so pretty! I just love hearing how your people know you so well and are helping out.

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful porch with Fall colors!Love your gorgeous flowers!Hugs,Maristella.

Regina said...

I love pumpkins and how pretty they look as part of any decor. Your porch is so pretty with all those pumpkins!

Jeanie said...

What a gift of time, creativity and beauty. You have a great team who knew exactly what would make you happy. And nowyou can "play" too -- I love the ladder. It's terrific!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I want to be your neighbor!
My daughters pulled out a few fall decorations over the weekend.
I've not yet bought a pumpkin...but I will!
Surgery is planned for October 20th.

Melissa said...

Beautiful front porch. Giving me more inspiration for mine! I've started working on mine this weekend. :)

Betty said...

Hope you are feeling better. They did a beautiful job decorating the porch.

Cindy Lou said...

DARLING !! lOVE THE RAKES AND THE LADDER !! GREAT JOB !!

Adrienne said...

=) I love it!!! Most of our Fall decor is on the mantel at our house- but I really like the idea of decorating the front steps! =)

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Oh, that orange tool box! Love it. The Asters with the Nesbitt's crate is gorgeous too. You reminded me to go check on my pumpkin vine the birdies planted for me. Maybe I have some pumpkins too!

Kim said...

Your Kylee has done the most beautiful job in the decorating of your porch, lovely Jann. I am praying that it won't be too long when you can once again weave your magic in the decorating department. My, that is a lot of pumpkins; how cool they look all sitting together. Take care, lovely lady. Xx

Rose L said...

Definitely got the fall look down!

Ksunshine52 said...

What a great display! Hope you are doing well!

cloches and lavender said...

Wonderful touches, Kyle did a great job. Super old rakes and sunflower heads. They add a wonderful touch. Heading out this Sunday for mums and pumpkins. Hoping the weather cooperates

Cindy

pembrokeshire lass said...

All I can say is WOW. You have such wonderful friends and such a wealth of articles to use ......!!

Gingham Gardens said...

I love it! All! Your Kylee has your talent.

happyone said...

Your fall porch looks wonderful.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Your porch looks lovely for Fall. So many unique and interesting items!! Thanks so much for the inspiration and thanks so much for the inspiration!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Jacqueline said...

You just amaze me! You have more energy than anyone I know!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Dearest Jann, Where do you get all your energy to always be so festive and decorative? I am amazed by how much you get done. You go girlfriend!

Your front porch looks so lively and fun!

Sure wish I could walk across the street one morning and have a cuppa with you. Sorry I have been so absent. Big hugs and love. ♥

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a wonderful autumn display! It's so nice those pumpkins came from your own yard

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Your porch looks terrific - love all your decorations. How nice for your daughter to come and decorate for you.

Hope your feeling good and taking it easy.

Have a wonderful rest of the week.

Hugs,
Mary

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Your porch looks all ready for Fall, Jann! How fabulous to have grown all those wonderful pumpkins!! As usual, you sure know how to decorate with such charm.

Maria Elena said...

It looks beautiful! How wonderful of them to come help you. I hope you are feeling better. Take care!

Bernideen said...

Very festive!

RoseyGirl said...

Everything is so pretty and yes,it certainly looks like Fall has come ! I love the decorations, and love, love that sunflower, the Indian corn, oh Jann, all of it. You're always so creative. I really hope you do feel better. Good thoughts going your way, I know you're thankful for all the sweet friends and family you have been blessed with..take care sweetie, hugs

Instagram